Before making a major purchase, it’s always good to know what you’re buying. Below is a list of product details for the Demon Deck button punch tool. So, if you install metal decking on a regular basis you need a heavy duty button punch tool. An inferior tool will break quickly and your job will take longer. Labor is expensive and a higher quality button punch will pay for itself in a few jobs. This is where the Deck Demon Tool out performs them all.
- Gauge Limits: Tool is capable of button punching metal deck from 24 gauge to 16 gauge thickness
- Maximum Metal Deck Depth: Capable of button punching 1.5″, 2″, or 3″
- Jaw Width: 1.75″ Wide
- Included Components: (1) Die 20/24ga Gold / (2) Dies 16/18ga Silver . Dies are stored within the jaws of the tool.
- Design: Ergonomically designed handles increase productivity. Less operator fatigue.
- Materials: Constructed of Heat Treated Tool Steel
- Product Use: Tool is used for button punching or crimping seams of metal deck for easier welding.
- Versatility: Handles screw perpendicular into the red crimp handles to avoid movement during crimping and to adjust to different height individuals.
Demon Deck FAQs
How do I use a button punch tool?
What is a Demon Deck button punch tool?
A button punch is a tool designed to attach two sheets of metal decking.
Steel decking has a male and female sidelap. The button punch will crimp both sheets together. In a roof deck application it increases the diaphragm shear values. When used on a floor deck it keeps the deck from separating during a concrete pour.
Which button punch tool performs faster? Demon Deck or Parker Punch button punch tool?
Between the two button punch tools, the Parker Punch tool performs much faster. The Parker Punch can complete 9,600 punches a day in comparison to 3,600 punches a day with the Demon Deck button punch tool.
What gauges can the Demon Deck button punch crimp?
The Deck Demon button punch tool is designed to button punch or crimp the side lap of steel decking. It will work on metal decking as light as 24 gauge and as heavy as 16 gauge for both roof and floor deck.
How long does it take to button punch metal decking?
- 2,500 to 3,500 button punches per eight hour day
- Time Guesstimate = 1 hour per 1,500 square feet of metal decking
- It depends on how often the decking needs to be punched
How much is the Demon Deck button punch tool?
$ 1,395.00 Button Punch Tool
$ 50.00 UPS Ground Freight within the Continental U.S.
$ 1,445.00 Total
Ask About Multi Tool Discounts
Deck Demon Product Video
The handles and the jaws are the key to a well designed button punch tool. Product video that shows all of the product features.
Borrowing A Button Punch Tool
Bob Rubio of Western States Metal Deck explains why borrowing a button punch tool for metal decking may be a better fit than purchasing one.
How To Button Punch Metal Deck
This video shows you how to use a button punch tool for metal decking. The Deck Demon is a manual button punch tool that makes joining metal floor deck and metal roof deck easy.